INTRODUCTION OF TALLY
Tally is the complete Business Solution for microcomputer was developed by Peutronics (P) Ltd., a Bangalore based company. It encompassing basic Bookkeeping. Sales & Purchase, Receivable & Payable, Multi-location Stock Management, Multi Company and Multi Division accounts. Comprehensive budgeting, cost profit center accounts. Comprehensive budgeting, cast profit center accounting, project accounting. Time related accounting with flexible periods. Developed as a product for accountants and owners,- Tally completely demystifies the use of computer. Accountants relate themselves quickly and easily with the compact behind Tally.
FEATURES OF TALLY
A leading accounting package: The first version of Tally was released in 1988. Today it is recognized as one of the leading accounting packages across the world, with over a million Customers.
No accounting codes: Unlike other computerized accounting packages which require numeric codes, Tally. ERP 9 pioneered the’ no accounting codes’ concept. Tally. ERP 9 users have the freedom to allocate meaningful names in plain English to their data items in the system.
Compete business solution: EPR 9 provides a comprehensive solution to the accounting and inventory needs of a business. The package comprises financial accounting, book-keeping and inventory accounting. It also has various tools to extract, interpret and present data.
Flexible and easy to use: Tally EPR 9 is very flexible. It mimics the human thought process, which means that Tally- EPR 9 can adapt itself to any business need. Tally. EPR 9 users need not change the way their business is run to adapt themselves to the package.
Speed: ERP 9 provides the capability to generate instant and accurate reports, which assist the management to take timely and correct decisions for ht overall productivity productivity and growth of the company.
Power: EPR 9 allows the user to maintain multiple companies, with unlimited levels of classification and grouping capabilities. It also allows drill down facility from report level to transaction level.
Flexibility: EPR 9 provides the flexibility to generate instant reports for any given period (month/year) or at any point of time besides providing the facility to toggle between Accounting & Inventory reports of the same company or between companies.
Real time processing: EPR 9 updates books of accounts, as soon as the transactions are entered, thereby facilitating instant report generation. It also facilitates a real-time multi-user environment.
Versatility: EPR 9 is suitable for a range of organizations, from small grocery stores to large corporations with international locations and operations.
Tally Help: The Tally. EPR 9 Online Help (Alt+ H) provides instant assistance on basic and advanced features or any other relevant topic of Tally. EPR 9.
Remote Access: EPR 9 provides remote capabilities to access data from anywhere and anytime.
Control Centre: The Control Centre works as an interface between the user and Tally. EPR. 9 installed at different sites and enables the user to centrally configure and administer Site/User belonging to an account.
Support Centre: The Support Centre allows a user to directly post his/her support queries on the functional and technical aspects of the Product.
Auditor’s Edition: EPR 9 provides auditing and compliance capabilities for Chartered Account.
Statutory Compliance: EPR 9 helps generating 100% accurate tax returns within a few minutes. Moreover, it provides the experience of a hand-prepared return to ensure that taxation becomes a hassle-free task. It is compatible across Indian tax regimes such as VAT, Excise, TDS and Service tax.
FUNCTIONAL FEATURES OF TALLY ERP 9
- Complete Book Keeping
- Books, Registers And Statements Of Account
- General Ledgers
- Account Receivable And Account Payables
- Flexible Vouchers Numbering
- Flexible Classification Of Account Heads
- Panoramic View
- Drill Down Display
- Data Base Printing
- Vouchers And Cheque Printing
- Columnar Reports
- Bank Reconciliation
- Cash Flow Statement
- Stock Items, Stock Category
- Stock Query By Stock Group, Or Stock Category
- Multiple Godowns/Locations
- Stock Transfer To Godowns/Location And Branches
- Multiple Stock Valuation Method
- Batch-Wise/Lot-Wise, Including Expiry Date Handling
- Alternate Units Of Measure And Tail Unit
- Tracking Through Receipt Notes/Delivery Notes/Rejections Inwards/Rejections Outwards
- Additional Cost Incurred On Purchase
- Movement/Profitability Analysis Party –Wise/Item-Wise Stock Group-Wise
- Customization Sale Invoices Using Price Lists With Multiple Prices
- Sales And Purchase Order Processing
- Multiple Companies
- Multi- Currency
- Comparison Of Data Using Multi-Columnar Reporting
- Memo Voucher
- Post- Defined Voucher Types
- Sales And Purchase Extracts
- Percentage Based Reporting
- Ratio Analysis
- Stock Items Classified As Raw Materials, Work In Process Finished Goods
- Bill Of Materials With Auto –Adjustment Of Stocks
- Job-Working Concepts, Including Sub-Contracting
- Additional Cost Of Manufacturing With Notional Value And Percentage
- Recorder Level
- Stock Ageing Analysis
- Batch Related Stock Reports
- Point Of Sale (POS)
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Tax Deducted at Source (TDS)
- Tax Collected at Source (TCS)